Fried Center for the Advancement of Potential (a 501c3 non-profit, tax-exempt organization) provides physical therapy intervention and medical fitness training to persons with and without intellectual disabilities through student intern clinicians in an inclusive environment.
- FCAP provides evaluation and one-on-one medically-based fitness training for individuals with and without intellectual disabilities through a combination of physical therapy intervention, closed-chain functional exercise, and sports performance education.
- FCAP enables all clients to reach the CDC recommended 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity per week, with two days of resistance training, providing opportunity for those who lack independence with their exercise programs.
- FCAP delivers an affordable model primarily through hiring student interns in the field of health care to work with individuals with and without disability.
- Students seeking careers in health care gain valuable hands-on clinical experience.
Learn more about about our history and inspiration
FCAP Main Campus
We are located adjacent to Innisfree Village at:
5924 Fried Farm Rd
Crozet VA 22932
- 3,000 sq ft gym – functional exercise equipment, cardio machines, treatment rooms
- Indoor pickleball courts
- Indoor tennis court
- Indoor racquetball court
- Outdoor walking trails
FCAP at UVA Student Health & Wellness
550 Brandon Ave
Fried Center, Floor 3
Charlottesville, VA 22903
- 3,870 sq ft gym – functional exercise equipment, cardio machines, treatment rooms
- 50-foot suspension track above 70-feet of turf allowing offloading training (e.g. plyometrics at a percentage of one’s body weight)